The Alvor Castle was built on a plateau located near a small cove where the streams flow into Aaron's Fibre and Alvor.
Defending not only the fishing village of the same name, from pre-Roman origin (Ipses) as an important sector of the coast but also the likely access to the interior through the waterways listed. It is subquadrangular plant construction, built in stone masonry and that would have been entered into the elbow. Occupies an area about 960 m2 (see map).
In the original fortification Muslim oriented northeast-southwest, survives the port of entry, with 2.50 m wide, and the two hinges of pipes arranged around 2.60 m from the ground today.
The fortification was built with stone blocks, irregular, especially limestone conquífero Miocene site, although incorporating elements of red sandstone (sandstone Silves) argamassados with lime, rubble and fragments of pottery.
The southwest side of the wall measuring 1.70 m thick, in the highest zone, and about 6.00 m tall. There remains, inside, near the entrance door, part of the ladder, with about
0.50 m wide, which gives access to ride round. To the southeast there is also the remains of thick wall, with an apparatus similar to the fortification, which could have belonged to the Barbican and in the same direction, the foundations of a tower.
Muslims live in fort garrisoned by installing the core population, on the outside, the area near the beach, where the main economic activities unfold.
The castle was mentioned by the Alvor crusader who participated in the conquest of Silves in 1189, as being dependent on that city, having been partially destroyed and its inhabitants killed (Pepper, 1982, p. 160, 161).
Origins of defensive mechanism that tells us, in the sixteenth century, Henry Fernandes Sarrao, which have been established
"The great Hannibal" at the site of "Old Town" where "still find old foundations" (Warrior and Magalhães, 1983, p. 150).
According to Alexander Massaii in the following century, Alvor would "hu fortezinho small, square and without traues, q nelle we will retire q.do rebatte ha ..." (Guedes, 1988, p. 129, 130).
The so-called "Geographical Dictionary" the pastor of the parish of Alvor, answering 25 prepared by Father Luis Cardoso, in 1758, tells us there before the earthquake of 1755, the "hum castle with plenty of greatness, the
His walls are quite tall and strong, there are three doors, which was on the tower with Cazas Honde human capital mores ... vivião "(Cardoso, 1758, vol.3, fl. 375-391) 6.
On the move? Access our Mobile Guide
e-mail us here
Okuldan gelip masturbasyon yaparak babasina porno izleten kiz.